Awakening my inner submissive

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Slow Start

It's been a rough week in terms of my rules. My job is very mentally and physically demanding, so I've not gone to the gym as many times as I should. Sir thinks I should aim for every weekday, which is fair, but then I actually go through the week and days don't work for various reasons. Closed for the holiday one day, I didn't feel well the other day, I had a dentist appointment and didn't get home until later than I anticipated. So basically I made excuses, some more valid than others. This weekend is also out because of visiting the in-laws. So I will start on Monday with a fresh slate.

I do enjoy these 30 days of kink. They make me think about why I like this lifestyle, even if I am still struggling with certain aspects of it. Here's more!

Day 21: Favorite BSDM book

I've read lots of Maya Banks, I just finished the first book of Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy, I've read the Bared to You series (which isn't really BSDM but is more erotic lit), and of course, the Fifty Shades that started it all. I would have to say that Fifty Shades (the first book) is my favorite, just because I really identify with Ana as she learns about all this crazy stuff and ends up liking it. Maya Banks' Fever and Rush were also very good. They made me mentally picture a threesome, and I must admit that the idea is intriguing. Am I far too jealous of a person to actually do this in real life? Probably. Is Sir also too jealous for RL? Almost certainly.

Day 22: How to keep a BDSM relationship healthy vs. vanilla relationships

BDSM relationships require more patience. I'm not a patient person, but I have learned already that I need to work on that for Sir. He needs me to be patient with him as he works this idea into his head. Our version of D/s revolves mostly around sex right now, but I have started calling him Sir in text messages and sometimes out loud. I can tell it makes him a little uncomfortable but I can also tell he likes it. So patience is needed when I have to back off because he's uncomfortable. Vanilla relationships are similar to BSDM and I don't really feel like anything else pops into my head. Communication, trust, love, etc are needed in both.



I think I might add a weekly rule check-in so that I can consciously sit down and go over how I have done in each category. Probably on Sundays. I need that kind of personal accountability.

Always his,
HLA

No comments:

Post a Comment